Merlot on Mary
Welcome to Merlot on Mary!
Check in: 16:00 till 20:00 Check out: 10:00
Address: Mary Street,
Picton, K0K 2T0, Canada
Welcome to Merlot on Mary!
Check in: 16:00 till 20:00 Check out: 10:00
Address: Mary Street,
Picton, K0K 2T0, Canada
This charming and elegant home conveniently located in Picton, Ontario, and tucked off on Main Street on a quiet side street, this 3 bedroom 2 bath is sure to be a great spot for your vacation. With its original wrap around porch, and original details, this home has loads of…
This charming and elegant home conveniently located in Picton, Ontario, and tucked off on Main Street on a quiet side street, this 3 bedroom 2 bath is sure to be a great spot for your vacation. With its original wrap around porch, and original details, this home has loads of space for everyone to enjoy. Its large dining room leads to the backyard, where there is another porch for enjoying the lush and spacious backyard. Architecture lovers will swoon with the area as it has many lovely homes and churches lining the street. This home was built in 1914, and still has many original features, from window pane side porch, and the stained glass details and columns it feels modern with a touch of the past for character. Close to all the shops and restaurants, grocery stores and schools. New additions: Fire Pit outside, wood not provided and a Games Room with Foosball, Darts and Card Table. This home is fully licensed as per Prince Edward County STA bylaws. #ST-2021-0244 The bylaw stipulates the maximum capacity of the property is 6 adults and 3 children under the age of 10. Upper Floor Bedrooms 1 Queen 1 Double 1 Double Upper Floor Bathrooms 1 Full 1 Full - Ensuite
Room size: 1500/FTSQ, 139/MSQ
This charming and elegant home conveniently located in Picton, Ontario, and tucked off on Main Street on a quiet side street, this 3 bedroom 2 bath is sure to be a great spot for your vacation.
With its original wrap around porch, and original details, this home has loads of space for everyone to enjoy. Its large dining room leads to the backyard, where there is another porch for enjoying the lush and spacious backyard. Architecture lovers will swoon with the area as it has many lovely homes and churches lining the street.
This home was built in 1914, and still has many original features, from the lilac wallpaper in the dressing room, to the window pane side porch, and the stained glass details and columns it feels modern with a touch of the past for character. Close to all the shops and restaurants, grocery stores and schools.
This home is fully licensed as per Prince Edward County STA bylaws. #ST-2021-0244
The bylaw stipulates the maximum capacity of the property is 6 adults and 3 children under the age of 10.
Upper Floor Bedrooms
Upper Floor Bathrooms
1 Full - Ensuite
1. GENERAL: “Places in PEC” acts as a rental manager. It arranges bookings and reservations as an agent for the Owner of the Property. The Terms and Conditions of this Agreement between you and the Owner are as set out herein. It is the responsibility of the Primary Guest to ensure that all Guests abide by these Terms and Conditions. The Primary Guest agrees that the information provided on the online booking is true and accurate.
Agreement will be binding, enforceable and take effect once the online booking application is approved and payment has cleared banking procedures. You will be notified by email once this has happened.
You are agreeing with the Terms and Conditions, and as such, You, the Primary Guest, acknowledge and confirm that you have read and agree to all General Terms and Conditions, Payment Information and Conditions, Security Deposit and Security Guarantee.
2. PROPERTY INFORMATION: Property Information for the Properties can be found on the “Places in PEC” website. You will find it useful to review before and during your vacation. There will also be a Guest Information booklet at the property which will further describe how things work, how to use the septic system, a description of the water system, where you can find cleaning supplies, location or information on garbage disposal, a Primary Contact in case you need help and other information and/or items that will assist you in the enjoyment of the Property.
3. DISCLAIMER: Every effort will be made to ensure that all the fundamental equipment at the Property is in good working order at the time of your arrival. In the unlikely event that there is a problem with the water, plumbing, electrical system or with a major appliance upon your arrival or during your stay, call the Primary Contact in accordance with the information contained in the Guest Information booklet. It is the Owner’s intent to address issues as promptly as can be reasonably done. If such fundamental elements or services cannot reasonably be provided, the sole obligation of the Owner and “Places in PEC” shall be to provide a refund as deemed appropriate, commensurate with the circumstances.
Recreational items such as televisions, radios, DVD players, and recreational items are provided at the discretion of the Owner as an added feature for the Guest’s use. While every attempt will be made to ensure that such equipment is available and in working order, should a breakdown or some other situation occur whereby these elements are not available or not working, neither “Places in PEC” nor the Owner shall be responsible for replacing the same or for refunding any monies.
The information contained in any printed materials or web site is believed to be accurate at the time it is created. However, “Places in PEC” reserves the right to make alterations based on revised input from the Owner. Although “Places in PEC” shall endeavor to inform you of such alterations, the failure to do so shall not form a breach of the Agreement or relieve you of your obligations under this Agreement.
4. WATER: The Owner has provided information on the water supply in the Guest Information booklet, however, it should be noted that majority of the properties in Prince Edward County are on a well system and water should be used with this in mind. The water is safe for drinking, however, “Places in PEC” and the Owner recommend that you bring drinking water with you if you have any concerns.
5. USE: Unless otherwise stated, Guest(s) are supplied bed linens, pillowcases, towels, face cloths, dishcloths and tea towels. Properties are also well equipped with pillows, blankets and cleaning supplies.
You agree to keep the Property and all furniture, fixtures and effects in and around the Property in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the rental period. Your Security Deposit will be used to cover costs to fix or replace broken items and/or extra cleaning of the Property and/or remove excess garbage (more than 5 bags). In the event of accidental damage, please contact the primary contact number in the Guest Information booklet, as soon as possible before leaving so that we can work out arrangements in advance to repair or replace damaged items.
You agree to use the Property for personal vacation use only. All persons staying at the Property at any time will be named, along with their ages as part of the booking process. If you contravene the maximum number stated for the Property, you agree that you will be subject to immediate eviction without refund or an additional nightly charge of $100.00 per person, at the discretion of the Owner or Places in PEC. Please note that any person, regardless of age, is counted as a person in the occupancy of the Property.
Pets are only permitted on the property if they are indicated on the booking application form and approved by the Owner. If a property is restricted to “NO PETS”, please note this does not necessarily mean the property has been pet-free. “Places in PEC” and the Owner take no responsibility for conditions arising from allergies at any cottage, whether noted as “NO PETS” or not. If a property is “NO PETS” restricted and it is found that pets have been brought on to the property, you will be asked to leave without refund as well as charged an additional $250.00 cleaning fee.
If the Property provides a fire pit you are responsible to phone in the fire permit number associated with the property PRIOR to lighting a fire. This permit number is found in the guest information booklet. When the fire permit number is called in you will receive information on any fire bans and or fire restrictions before you start any outdoor fires. If you light a fire in Prince Edward County and don’t call the permit in, there is a fine of up to $2,500 and will be applied to the credit card on file.
Smoking of any kind, cigarettes, cigars or vaping is not permitted inside any of the “Places in PEC” properties. Smoking is permitted outdoors, however butts must be contained in a fireproof container and are to be removed when you leave. Any clean up and/or fumigating of the property will result in a $500.00 cleaning charge.
Camping, tenting or other auxiliary accommodation is not permitted on the Property.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Primary Guest acknowledges that the Owner and “Places in PEC” accept no liability for loss, damage, death, illness, or injury suffered by any person or pet as a result of using this Property. You agree that such liability rests entirely with the Primary Guest.
7. INDEMNITY: The Primary Guest acknowledges that the use of the Property by all Guests is entirely at your own risk. The Primary Guest shall indemnify and hold harmless the Owner and “Places in PEC” against and from all expenses, costs, damages, suits, actions or liabilities arising from loss or damage to the property, injury, personal condition or death resulting from the use of the Property, grounds, boats or lakes.
8. INSURANCE: You represent and warrant that you carry proper Insurance. The Owner does not carry insurance on the valuables, or clothing of the Guests or for any willful damage caused by the Guests. It is therefore the Primary Guest’s responsibility to Insure against any unforeseen damage or loss of any Guest(s) possessions and damage to the cottage caused by any Guest. If you have a Home Owner’s policy, you may be covered under that policy for short-term rentals such as this one. You should check with your Insurance Agent for details.
9. PAYMENT INFORMATION AND CONDITIONS
a) There is an Non-Refundable Service Fee applied to every booking.
b) You authorize “Places in PEC” to charge your credit card for the fees and penalties noted in this Agreement.
c) For an accepted booking that is made more than 30 days in advance of the check-in date, a deposit of the Rental Rate and the non-refundable Service Fee + HST will be applied to your credit card amount. The balance of the Rental Rate plus any other services you have requested is due 28 days prior to the beginning of your stay. These rental rates differ based on property type, please change the individual property listings pages for cost.
d) For an accepted booking made within 30 days from the check-in date all fees will be due upon booking.
e) Some bookings on any Property may require a deposit called, (the “Security Deposit”) the amount for which will be displayed on the booking invoice. The Security Deposit will be returned to you within 14 business days after the check-out date if there is no damage, extra cleaning or garbage removal required. If there is damage, extra cleaning or garbage removal required and/or any other penalties as per this Agreement, they will be subtracted from the Security Deposit and the balance, if any, will be returned to you along with an invoice for those charges. For issues that exceed the Security Deposit, further charges may be applied to your Credit Card.
10. CANCELLATION BY OWNER: In the unlikely event that the Property is struck by disaster, then, this Agreement will be null and void and all payments will be immediately refunded.
11. CANCELLATION BY YOU: All cancellations made by the Renter must be provided to “Places in PEC” in writing via email.
For cancellations made within 30 days of check in, no refund will be given of any monies paid to “Places in PEC” i.e. rental deposit and balance.
Any booking fees charged by “Places in PEC” are strictly non-refundable.
If you made your booking via Airbnb, VRBO, Canada Stays, or other third-party booking site, their policy for cancellation and refund of booking fees applies.
Cancellations of bookings made through a third-party booking site are also required to be initiated by the renter after “Places in PEC” has been notified. “Places in PEC” will then accept the renter’s cancellation, but only with prior knowledge.
Changing dates or properties
In the event you need to change your dates or properties after a Rental Agreement has been signed, there will be a $150.00 + HST administrative fee added to your booking.
12. KEYS: For properties with KEY entry, if you forget to leave the key(s) in the Lock Box or inside the property for those keys located in the property, you agree to pay $200.00 plus HST per lockset via your credit card so that we can rush a new lockset(s) and key(s) to that location for subsequent Guests to enjoy their vacation.
13. ACCESS: The Owner, their designate or “Places in PEC” personnel shall be allowed access to the Property at any reasonable time during your occupancy. Attempts will be made to provide notification prior to the access but permission is not required.
14. REFUNDS: You agree that you shall not be entitled to any refund arising from weather or water conditions, changes or fluctuations in the lake levels, conditions at neighbouring properties or other conditions beyond the control of the Owner or “Places in PEC”.
15. JURISDICTION: The laws of the Province of Ontario shall govern this Agreement.
16. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of this Agreement are invalid, such provisions shall be considered separable and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
17. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: There are no representations, collateral Agreements, warranties or conditions either written or verbal except as set out in this Agreement.
18. ASSIGNMENT: You have no right to assign or sublet this Agreement under any circumstances.
19. FORCE MAJEURE: Neither “Places in PEC” nor the Owner are responsible for failure to service this Agreement if the failure arises out of causes beyond their control including, water levels, hydroelectricity failures, severe storms, acts of God or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
20. EMAIL: We all agree that email may be used to communicate information, additions and deletions to any Terms and Conditions or pricing if both parties agree to them within the body of such communications.